concerned about loved one.
okay so i've noticed in someone who is very close to me that when he gets upset about something he gets upset extremely fast and his mind spins out of control and he over analyzes the situation and considers every possible scenario, anything could go wrong is going wrong or will go wrong kind of mind set. He says hurtful things and does not believe me even though i am being completely honest with him and have given him no reason not to trust me. I believe this comes from his own insecurities and jealousy. He isolates himself after that and will not listen to anyone and what they have to say, for example his mom. His parents got divorced when he was little, his mom dated a lot of guys and has trust issues. He also recently suffered an injury that made him give up something he loved doing which caused him to see a counselor for depression and worked through that but refuses that he has other issues that he needs to work through with them. What mental health disorders exhibit these symptoms or behaviors?
It would be hard to diagnose him even for professionals.  I am bipolar, codependent, chemically dependent, and I have PTSD.  That doesn't make me a professional.  If anything it makes me more unstable.  Anyway to me it sounds like PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  There is a good movie called Reign on Me with Adam Sandler that to me explains what PTSD looks like.  The good news is that it is possible to recover from PTSD.  It is not a mental illness that you can't recover from.  If you get a chance watch that movie.  This is just a guess but at least it is a start.  I can't tell you if there is an underlying mental illness.  it is hard to diagnose someone with a mental illness seeing how alot of the symptoms can fool you into thinking there is something else going on.  Getting him back into treatment is going to be crucial for him but it is likely a decision that he will have to make himself.  Good Luck and keep coming back.  There is a PTSD forum on here but from my experience it isn't very helpful.