depakote better at night??
I have been taking 2 250 mg. depakote at night.  In adding another 250, I added it in the a.m.  I became very groggy in the afternoon.  Will this grogginess go away if I take it all at night?  Thanks in advance.
forgot to say I am taking ER.
If you find that it has a sedating effect then it is probably best to take it evening or night.  I used to take 750mg all in one go at night.  It's always worth double checking with your Dr though.
Yes that's complex because for me it didn't work unless I took it twice a day. Ask your psychiatrist if it would work once a day though ER might be different but that would be up to them. I don't know if they had that option when I took it. It was quite sedating though for me so if allowed that might be a good option.
I take 750 or 1000 mg at night, along with Clonazepam.  My pdoc has always said to take it at night.
mejema, when do you alternate between 750 and 1000?
I thought I'd add an answer here on the forum as well as our conversation in PM.  

Changing to 1000 mg is  to handle symptoms of hypomania when they become a problem for functioning.  This happened recently, and I felt much better after 4 days of the increased dose.  I reduced it back to 750 after a couple of weeks when the symptoms had settled down and I felt that the drug was making me feel bloated and very tired.