Bipolar Disorder Community
disabled person finding a job????
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

disabled person finding a job????

I applied for disability in Nov. 07. Disabilities are bipolar, anxiety and panic attacks, OCD, PTSD and lung disease COPD. I went before the administrative law judge for my disability hearing. Decision was unfavorable. I lost my case due to the fact that I did not have enough medical evidence to support my claim. Cannot have medical evidence if you do not have health insurance. We lost our health insurance about 6 months after I filed my claim.

Anyway, life is going to have to go on. And I cannot wait around more years fighting a disability case I probably cannot win. I do have trouble leaving my home at times, due to my mental issues. Plus, now with COPD I have greatly slowed down in number of areas.

I have been researching on the net about several non-profit organizations, that assist people like me with work at home jobs. One organization is called NTI and the other is called The Job Accomodation Network. Has anyone possibly heard of these organizations? What I have researched on them has been good so far. Are there anymore organizations that assist people like me with jobs that will meet my limits due to my disabilities?

I have got to do something to supplement our household income. My husband is the only one working. And with me waiting around on the disability process, our finances are in total shambles. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. I tried Vocational Rehabilitation here in my county about 3 yrs. ago. It was a total joke. Thank you.