Bipolar Disorder Community
dreams and delusions

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

dreams and delusions

hey i would just like to bring up my dreams which are leaving me delusional or not thats the thing. when i wake up im angry my dreams are like reality i wake up in the nite n go bk to sleep or do i wake up. i hear my mum talking to me in my sleep or do i? do u c the pattern? im seriously confused
I'm not sure if that's a delusion or not, I think it sounds more like confusion due to sleep problems or maybe psychiatric problems, a psychiatrist would only know for sure.  I ask mine for example if something I have is a symptom people on here tell me might sound like a certain symptom.

A delusion is more a false fixed belief you usually aren't aware of, you might have them come like me and I use logic/common sense/evidence for and against/scientific thinking to combat them as well as hallucinations that come to me and make no sense.  I can't help but wonder if logical ones have tricked me already and which parts of my life have really happened or not.
Oh yeah I should also add I am not immune to these however, my logic also can get extremely flawed, especially during a psychotic break.
I will say that when I was having my very powerful delusions I had no idea that they were delusions. I believed everything about them 100% and that to me it was very logical and made sense at that time. Once I was away from whatever was causing them long enough not only did I stop believing them, but I actually completely put them out of my head. I did not think about them again until I was confronted with the place that was central to the delusion. It was like being slapped as it all came rushing back. Of course, I now see them for what they were.

I think that a lot of the things you are experiancing may be more something to do with trauma from abuse than delusions, but only a guess since I'm not a doctor. This is something you really need to talk to your psychiatrist about.
My delusions actually worked the same way or if I got away from the cause as in not noticing it anymore, even if I realized they were a delusion it would come back in full force if I thought about it again or got around the cause of it again.
This is why I think there for a while I was very sever in my illness and that is what scares me is that no one noticed or took effort to care. But when I ran into the cause of my delusions again I've been diagnosed and started meds and was talking to my psychologist. I had no idea before this year that psychosis was actually part of bipolar. I think it is something I need to be very aware of for my future.

For example the paranoia part, last year at work someone sent out an e-mail asking that everyone rinse their bowls before putting them in the dishwasher. I guess some oatmeal had been put in and got all over everything. Well, the day before I had eaten oat meal, and terrified it was my fault, I was unable to go in the kitchen at all for two weeks and unable to go in there without having high anxiety for two months after that. And it was 6 months before I was fully comfortable using the kitchen. So, I have to watch myself.
i get that if some thing happens i also get paranoid that i caused it and i do also avoid things or people when that happens, i also get restless legs and get irritated very ezily
Yeah I wish I would of known you didn't know that psychosis can be a part of bipolar disorder.  I know a few people who have bipolar disorder with psychotic features.  Psychosis is very hard to track.  I discovered recently for example I actually gradually get worse instead of having a sudden onset of a psychotic break.  It wasn't until I saw a monster and heard a helicopter fly over head and my first reaction was panic and to run for cover when I've never even been in the military or had to run from them at all that signaled me to maybe go see my doctor.  Then I was told I had actually been getting worse since November.  You usually can't really have insight into psychosis at the time of it happening until it becomes blatantly obvious.  Stress will also speed up its onset as it did for me just recently if you have it setting in gradually.  I have the same problem with paranoia/delusions as you to be honest except mine don't happen depending on my mood since I have no diagnosed mood disorder after all and rather a diagnosed psychotic disorder.  It will be easier if you have some other people watch you for yourself and have them tell you if you start getting weirder and weirder, for lack of a better word, over the course of a week or two.
thanx hun ur reply has helped alot. people was telling me for 2years that i need help and it isnt til now that i realised it. im also on remerom which seems to be bringing more delusional dreams and thaughts. thanx hun ur insight is a big help thank u
Are you by any chance taking remeron by itself and how are you feeling?
i am and it makes me sleep and leaves me sedated for part of the next day. it also sumtimes makes me more energetic but gives me real bad dreams delusions
or should i say it worked da 1st 2times i took it but now it dnt rly do much but give me delusional dreams im confused tbh the doc gave me 15mg so the 1st nite i started on the 7.5mg then went on to the 15mg the next nite n now it dnt make me tired!
been angry aswell ive had some agressive moodswings
i was taking remeron on its own but could not sleep even tho its meant to be sedating so i started taking valium with it and smoking marijuana to help me sleep. i told the doc that i cnt sleep but she just said keep taking the remeron they dnt help
You may want to check out the section on sleep disorders.