epilim
has anyone used this drug? pdoc is talking about adding it into combo but i have read that it causes a lot of weight gain. don't want any more meds like this. abilify is bad enough.
Well from what I've read, it has the risk of increasing your cravings, but the drug itself doesn't make you gain weight. I was pretty worried about that with Seroquel, but so far very little weight gain, and I figure that was caused by not enough physical activity. I think just by being more vigilant, like what I've done as well, will stop the weight gain from happening. I hope this helps.
thanks for reply. i exercise and diet is v. healthy and still get weight gain, then when i go off the drug the weight just goes without me having to do anything extra at all. so if weight gain is a side effect, i think i'll have to refuse it!
Hi I am on epilim 1500mg per day, I actually lost weight when I started this, but my eating was out of sinc with a normal pattern, I found it made me eat at the proper times and I think this is why I lost the weight, on lithium as well now and have put all the weight back on. I found that in the first 4 weeks or so I had the following and then it has eased to really no side effects now, I started just before xmas. Itchy/tickly skin, hot feet, incredible tiredness during the day, epilim didnt do what it was supposed to do for me and thats why the lithium was added, I think they will gradually take me off the epilim over the next few months.
My Dad is on it, also in Ireland.

He had no weight gain.  You could try it , + see?

Good luck
thanks for all replies, at least i have  a little more info to work with. as you may have gathered the possibility of weight gain is not a good one for me! i'll have to see. have already gone up a size on abilify even on healthy diet and taking diet pill. zantrex 3.