Bipolar Disorder Community
every freakin year its the same thing

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

every freakin year its the same thing

Every year, around this time my mood shifts and I feel the same crappy way. I've  done so.good all year and now my depression is hitting me. I also blindly hope every year it will be different? Is it? No. Of course there's always some bad news or something that upsets my delicate balance of my moods. This year I'm pregnant, makes it a whole lot worse cause I just sit around feeling guilty I feel this way. Feeling guilty that I don't want to take care of myself, that I just want to sleep all day and not wake up. I hate this. I hate this feeling and I can't believe I was naieve enough to think this year it wouldn't be me. I'm going to the doc first chance I get to get on something to help cope, probably going to hire a nanny, get a maid so I can focus on my health beforei have to get hospitalized again. This just plain ***** though. All the irrational thoughts, keeping it to myself, and just laying down staring at walls feeling empty is my life. If you read this thanks for listening.
Talk to a therapist.  This is the time of year when the days get shorter and the nights longer, which can cause problems if a person has SAD (seasonal affective disorder).  There are special UV light bulbs to sit near for a few hours to treat this along with other options.