Bipolar Disorder Community
has anyone made this switch

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

has anyone made this switch

Has anyone made the switch back to seroquel after being on Zeldox(geodon). I think its what i need to do to stop the anxiety and irritability i've been having. I know there's a chance of weight gain again, but at least i'll sleep again without waking up at 3 in the morning. To be honest i don't even know if the zeldox helped me lose any weight. I found the my anxiety was taking up most of my energy so it was hard to work out without feeling like my heart was going to pop out of my chest.
I take Geodon however I have never been prescribed seroquel. I was never told that Geodon would help me lose weight but I have heard that it has a chance of lower weight gain than other medications.

I have been on Geodon for about 4 years. I like it for the most part other than I keep having bladder infections and I have been told that Geodon could be the culprit.

I wish you the best on your med transitions.
I have done this Yes. I was on seroquel for 9 Years since a Young age and have been on and off it a few times but always resorted to going back on seroquel. I took zeldox for only 3 days before deciding to go back onto seroquel. I think seroquel is much more of a help. The zeldox did not help me sleep yet it made me feel as though I were stuck in a daze the whole next day and I could barely do anything. Seroquel can do that however seroquel does help you sleep at the same time.
thanks for your input. I was worried about going back, but it's been 4 days now, and i can start to feel my self surfacing again.Still withdrawing from the Zeldox with brain shivers,but nothing i can't handle.  The most important thing is that it does make me feel better, sleepy at night yes, but overall much better.
I know Seroquel is a good medication but I think it is good in the sense of if You have been on it in the past if You understand me. I would not suggest it to anyone who had not already had or taken it however it seems to be the best option for someone who has been on it for a certain amount of time and can no longer function as well without it.
Unfortunately no one is made aware of the medication until it is much later and as I said I have been on it for a very young but yes you're right it does work but it is hard to be active and stay in tune with the real world once on this medication.
Are You able to go back onto the seroquel but lessen the dosage assuming your are taking over 50mgs