if risperdal is my only medication and i've been taking it for 10 years what happens if i stopped?

has anyone gotten off risperdal after being on it for so long and been ok?

First of all, did you just quit on your own, or does your Doctor know and supervising you on what to do???  That really would be the logical thing to do.  Never stop taking certain drugs, especially anti-depressants/psych meds with out your doctors supervision.

As long as your doctor knows you are going off this and you are following the rules to a tee, there should be no reason you shouldn't feel ok getting off it, in the sense that you are weaned off the drug properly.  I'm not talking about how your mental status may be should you just up and quit.  That's a different story.....  I am quite positive that if you just quit with a snap, that there could be unwanted and or dangerous side affects if not done the right way.

IMO, Hope I helped in some way.
Heather