Bipolar Disorder Community
invega

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

invega

my son was recently hospitalized for suicidal thoughts and hallucinations. when i went to visit him saturday he could barely hold his head up, and when i call him he is always sleeping and when i do get to talk to him he is very agitated, this is got to be from the invega. he is also taking geadon, triliptel, trazadon, i'm bipolar also and i've never heard of this drug invega before until now and i read on line that its been out since 2006? has anyone had any experience with this drug i want him taken off of it but he is 18 and they won't listen to me so i told him to tell them that he did not want to take it but he gets angry with me which is not like him some one tell me somthing tell me what i should do
   Yes he is on a fair amount of medications but they might have done that as a proactive measure and once he stabilizes then reduce the amount of medications or tirate the dose. You should speak to the psychiatrist who is working with him and ask them what their plan is. Invega is an antipsychotic that is clinically similar to Risperdal but longer lasting. I was on it for a while and I did not have these specific concerns. However I did from Geodon but each person responds differently to each medication. What is occuring could be from one of the medications or interactions or because what happened that caused him to have suicidal thoughts and hallucinations might not have been treated fully. When a person is hospitalized they generally do a medication review. Explain to the psychiatrist there what your concerns there and explain when the agitation you have seen him experience started and they can then decide what to do within their professional judgment.