Bipolar Disorder Community
is tegretol right for me?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

is tegretol right for me?

depakote caused alot of weight gain and lithium hide awful side effects..lamictal worked well but too expensive, so is tegretol a good choice for bipolar disorder?  What is the right dosage, being that my bipolar disorder is prety serious. Im currently taking 4mg of ativan/day and 100mg of amitryptiline at night for sleep
Tags: tegretol
It is a good medicine to treat bipolar if you cannot afford Lamictal and Lamictal worked for you although I have to say I am not a dr and you will have to give it a try to see if it works for you and if you can tolerate it.  I was put on Lamictal and it worked for me.  I am still taking it now but in the begginning when I was put on the Lamictal my dr told me that if it didn't work or I developed a rash then the next thing he was going to try was carbamazepine.
Hope this medicine works for you.