Bipolar Disorder Community
lexapro
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lexapro

i have been on lexapro for over a month and have been upped to 20mgs a week or 2 ago. It is not helping. i don't want to clean. I don't want to cook. food doesn't even sound good. i am loosing weight. i am cold all the time. i was thinking about mentioning  wellbutrin to my doctor. Any advice?
Tags: Lexapro
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1915535_tn?1323470061
Wow, had the same symptoms when on 20 mg Lexapro! Reduced to 10mg & actually feel better. I don't really have an answer for you, but I certainly relate. personally I haven't tried wellbutrin yet, but am considering it. It took about 2 weeks to feel different after lowering the dose.
Blank
Wellbutrin was not a good drug for me. It caused rapid cycling and was part of the reason I was so screwed up about 2 years ago. I did much better on cipralex. I think it is a crap shoot. I would let the pdoc do the picking of drugs.
Blank
I had the same symptoms on lexapro. People w/ bipolar can actually respond opposite to some depression meds and it can even send them into a manic state - that's how my pdoc found my bipolar! I don't have any experience with wellbutrin, but I know that mood stabilizers were the only thing that ever helped me personally.
Blank
Yeah, odasi is right. If you're bipolar and you don't take a mood-stabilizer like seroquel to keep you from getting "too up", lexapro on it's own can make you very manic. Mania can cause things like anxiety, lack of sleep, not being hungry and losing weight. If lexapro has been helpful in the past when you were depressed, you can keep taking it, just take it with something that prevents mania.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...