lithium weight gain
how to you lose weight with lithium?
People continually say "DIET AND EXERCISE, DIET AND EXERCISE!" but someone on psych meds gave a more realistic view of it that you'd need to exercise for like an hour and a half every day and eat very little to get rid of the weight gained if it's because it effected your metabolism.  If you gained weight because of eating more I guess you would need to find an appetite suppressant or something like that.  I would just consult my doctor.
Lithium seemed to make me retain water aswell, I gained about 40lbs in 6 weeks of taking it but I'm sure some of it was extra water in my breasts, limbs and face. It is incredibly hard to lose weight on this medication.. consult your pdoc, I did, and they would rather give me something I would stay on than something id pretend to take because I was scared of the weight gain. Its nothing you are doing wrong, its the way the drug affects your metabolism x
its hard,the basics;lots of excersize and healthy diet.lily