Bipolar Disorder Community
medications and the results

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

medications and the results

I have suffered bp for 18 yrs, I have been on every medication that has been invented( including ect). I would be happy to help anyone with questions as I have also been institutionalised many times. My life is going good and I want to give some hope,
There's still more out there you haven't tried. Google "Depression Central" for general information
and here's a list of mood stabilizers in development that are approved medications
and can be prescribed off label:
http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/meds/moodstabilizers.htm
I've been on 30 mood stabilizers in my lifetime and its been hard to find the right fit but they come out with new medications all the time and as my recovery from schizoaffective disorder with the Phase II experimental antipsychotic glycine (a glutamate antagonist, a new form of antipsychotic in development that will have a fuller recovery rate and a far more favorable long term side effect profile) indicates new medications are developed all the time that are more targeted in their effect and thus more helpful and have less side effects. I would seek a consult with a mood disorders specialist and realize there are new medications identified for bipolar all the time.