meds
I have been taking lamictal 200 mg for over a year now(abilify 15mg for 6 months).  It seemed to be working for a long time and now it seems that they are not working.  Is this normal with meds?
Well you have to explain what you mean by "not working". Antipsychotics generally work long term. Mood stabilizers and anti-depressents can on occassion "kick out", that is stop functioning and need to be changed but it depends which one. Lamictal on occasion (it happenned to me and I was told its not uncommon) worsen mania. That's why I was changed. I'm not sure if that's what's going on though. Please be more detailed.
If I were you, I would call your doctor. From my 24 years of experience, my meds were changed frequently because I either needed more or a different type. It is as if they just stopped working. I too found that Lamictal brought on mania. My doctor gave me another med to counter-act the mania. In fact, I just had this change a few weeks ago. As my Pdoc has told me: it takes awhile to find the right mix. I have been on Lithium for 24 years and four/five years ago Lamictal was added to help the Lithium. And then come the anti-depressants. No two people are the same. I'm just sharing my story.

Take Care ~ El
i just started on lamictal a week ago and not kicked in yet but i do know over the last thirty years i have tried various meds and seem to be on of the few for whom most of them don't work. am delighted for you that your combo has worked for so long. the others are prob right, you just need to talk to your pdoc and give the meds a bit of a tweak. good luck with it.