Bipolar Disorder Community
seraquil

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

seraquil

IS SERAQUIL  A C.N.S.  MED?? EXPLAIN...TKUUU
Tags: meds, med, c, s
I have been on Seroquel for over 2 years now and it definitely saved me. It has worked wonders and I do not want to know where I would be right now without it...  With that said, here is a little info on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

http://www.fda.gov/Cder/foi/label/2004/20639se1-017,016_seroquel_lbl.pdf
I started Seroquel for aleep a month ago but then it started to help lift my mood so my doc kept me on it. I can't tell you how good I feel. It takes a few days to get past the grogginess it causes I take it at night and I'm done-straight to bed. But the days are good now. I also take Abilify which also worked wonders but Seroquel gave me an unexpected boost in my mood. I 'm going to stay on it as long as the doc lets me. Oh to answer your question here's the info on Seroquel from rxlist.com:

Seroquel is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.
Seroquel is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic depression).

i almost everyday have the "waking up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon" symptom of bi-polar.  i love my seroquel, can't live without it.  probably need to get on lamactil too as a mood stabilizer.  i've had this since i was 13, and it happens almost every day like right now it's 9:00 pm and i feel pretty much "normal" and i tell myself this is what "normal people" must feel like all day.  i forgot the name of this symptom.  i don't read very much on-line about it.  Any info?  I do take provigil in the mornings for this.