seroquel and pregnancy
My daughter-in-law takes a variety of prescribed psychoactive drugs and she is now 2 months pregnant. In particular she takes 400mg of seroquel nightly, 500mg if she has more trouble sleeping. Am I wrong to be horrified?
  If she is taking medication as prescribed she should not make any changes on her own but she should have her psychiatrist and any other physicians that prescribe medications speak to her OB--GYN about potential interactions during pregnancy. Then they could decide what the appropriate next step is within their clinical discretion.
When I was pregnant I was on serequel and my OBGYN decided it would be safer for me to stay on it then go off and put stress on the baby because I would suffer from side effects of bi-polar disorder.  She really needs to talk to her dr. because everyone is different and her dr would know best.