Bipolar Disorder Community
shaky hands

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

shaky hands

Great,, so now I'm getting shaky hands in addition to everything else in my life.  I'm thinking it's because of all the meds I take.  Thank you meds.  Now I'll have people asking," Why do your hands shake so much?"  To which, in my head I answer, " Oh, it's just because I take enough meds to choke an army mule."  If you're wondering, I take, ativan, welbutrin, zoloft, ambien and lamotrogine, which seems to work very well for me, finally.  I can live with the shakes I guess, I was just wondering if anyone else had this and how they handle the questions without outright lying about having BP.
I say outright lie - its not of their nosey business anyway. Anyone with an ounce of decorum doesn't inquire about such things. You can say you have a familiar tremor as they are quite common. I have one. Anxiety makes it worse and I am sure the meds aren't helping. Or you can say, I am on a medication that makes my hands unsteady. If they ask you which one say something like "I'd really rather talk about you for a while - how are you doing?" If they don't get that hint - slap em upside the head.

I've had my share of nosey people. I've lost a lot of weight to the point I look anoxeric and I shake. People have asked questions about my weight - I lie. I say I have some kidney problems and am trying to adjust to a new diet. For the shakiness I blame the familiar tremor.

Side note. If you have been on your meds without issue for a while now and this is a new symptom it shouldn't be ignored. It may not be caused by your meds. If you can afford it go to a regular doctor and get a neurological exam. You would hate to have something else and have it be ignored.