sleeping issues
these are the medications that i take now.....150 milligrams of trazadone at bedtime, 120 milligrams of geodon at bedtime, 1milligram 3 times a day of lorazapam and 150 milligrams of wellbutrin 2 times a day. the last time I had an episode was in august -september of 2008 and at that time i was taking 40 milligrams of geodon but during the episode it increased to 160 milligrams of which would make me feel groggy after 8 hours of sleep and now i take 120 milligrams and can only get about 5 hours of sleep even though i'm taking the elevated increase from 50 milligrams of trazadone to 150 milligrams and it's still not giving me a proper amount of sleep of which I have taken the past three nights. before i had my episode i could sleep without any problems whatsover. i feel the geodon is blocking my serotonin receptors totally as i've dropped down to 60 milligrams of geodon in hopes of normal sleep patterns to return. can the high dosage of geodon increase the chances of insomnia over time? i can't believe that an episode would cause this problem with insomnia. are there any solutions or ideas of how this can get rectified?
Geodon can easily be activating and keep a person awake at night. If you are having this difficulty and it hasn't gone away you could ask your psychiatrist about other available options. Tradazone is an anti-depressent used as a sleep aide. If that is no longer effective you could ask your psychiatrist about other available options one of which is Rozerem an FDA approved medication that works like melatonin to adjust the sleep cycle.
hi...i've since taken my self off of geodon. as a refresher i was taking 120mg and dropped down to 60 mg for a week. i've read lots of exteme withdrawal symptoms but in the 3 days i've been off i'm not experiencing anything. i'm thinking it's going to take about 2 weeks for my brain to adjust without any geodon and another 2 weeks to hopefully see if my sleep returns. would that be a good time frame to expect a change? i liked geodon as i didn't have a problem with weight gain. the problem with a lot of the older mood stablizers, haldo, zyprexa. and depakote all made me gain weight. i've tried abilify but that gave me extreme anxiety. i don't know any of the new mood stablizers that are out there. my thought is if I can get my sleep back, then i'll go to the doctor for a med change. i'd like to here your thoughts on some new mood stablizers to help me out. i appreciate the input you have given me so far.