Bipolar Disorder Community
sudden anger that comes out of no where

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

sudden anger that comes out of no where

is there anything to help with sudden anger
Well it would depend on the cause. In bipolar anger can occur in mixed states such as an agitated mixed state where the person has the speeded up aspect of mania but the down aspect of depression. You could describe your concern to your psychiatrist and ask if that might be one cause. Some mood stabilizers are more helpful on that than others (for myself I found Lamictal to be the most helpful) but each person responds differently to each medication.
I seem to have the same problem with my anger. It got me in a lot of trouble over the years. The first response that was posted was very good and I would take that advise. Sometimes anger can be brought by depression also. That turned out to be my problem and now that i'm getting help for depression i seem to not be so angry all the time and when I do get angry I seem to be able to control it a lot better. I would definitely talk to my doctor if I were you. The doctor that I have been seeing has been so much help to me and I wouldn't know what to do without her help. Good Luck!