what is phyzoeffected bipilor disorder?
I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder for many years, as well as severe anxiety disorder and oblessive compulsive AND p.t.s.d.. Now the latest one...phyzo effective disorder. I can't find much info on this one and frankly am at al loss for the meaning of it. Can you pleawe explain to me exactly what it is and what it means to be phyzo effected? Thank you sincerely.
                                                                                                                          exbabylove
Check the spelling on that one and re-post it. I'm having trouble getting you some info but I know what you're talking about. I just can't spell it either. It's not one of the 4 types of Bipolar but I think it is another disorder that can occur along with Bipolar disorder.
Thanks,
Erin
It is schizoaffective disorder

This is from the NAMI website: http://www.nami.org/Content/ContentGroups/Helpline1/Schizoaffective_Disorder.htm

What is Schizoaffective Disorder?

Some psychiatric disorders are very difficult to diagnose accurately. One of the most confusing conditions is schizoaffective disorder.
This relatively rare disorder is defined as "the presence of psychotic symptoms in the absence of mood changes for at least two weeks in a patient who has a mood disorder." The diagnosis is used when an individual does not fit diagnostic standards for either schizophrenia or "affective" (mood) disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder (manic depression).

Some people may have symptoms of both a depressive disorder and schizophrenia at the same time, or they may have symptoms of schizophrenia without mood symptoms.

Many individuals with schizoaffective disorder are originally diagnosed with manic depression. If the person experiences delusions or hallucinations that go away in less than two weeks when the mood is "normal," bipolar disorder may be the proper diagnosis. Someone who experiences psychosis for three or four weeks while in a manic phase does not have schizoaffective disorder.
However, if delusions or hallucinations continue after the mood has stabilized and are accompanied by other symptoms of schizophrenia such as catatonia, paranoia, bizarre behavior, or thought disorders, a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder may be appropriate. Accurate diagnosis is easier once the acute psychotic episode is under control.

Distinguishing between bipolar disorder and schizophrenia can be particularly difficult in an adolescent, since at that age psychotic features are especially common during manic periods.

Because schizoaffective disorder is so complicated, misdiagnosis is common. Some people may be misdiagnosed as having schizophrenia. Others may be misdiagnosed as having bipolar disorder. And those diagnosed as having schizoaffective disorder may actually have schizophrenia with prominent mood symptoms. Or they may have a mood disorder with symptoms similar to those of schizophrenia.

I hope this helps.
this may be none of my business and not only irrelevant to your specific situation, but i would be leery of any doctor or doctors that change your diagnosis this much.  if your meds are changing as well, it will be hard to differentiate between new symptom and med side effect.  i won't bore you too much in my history, but i was grossly misdiagnosed as schizoaffective rather than psychotic/mood disorder due to medical reasons (medication).  i do, however, suffer from cyclothymia (a mild form of bipolar), in addition to panic and anxiety.  my panic doesn't come as a false but convincing heart attack, but a fear of madness.  my doctors treated each near delusion fear as reality and medicated me 40 pounds heavier (not to mention 5 years away from consistent work and schooling).  my point is, you may in fact me sick in this way and it DOES take time to get the rights meds and right diagnosis...  but remember that you are in control and at any point if things seems odd to you - get second opinions.  do not let well intention but wrong diagnoses mislead you.  

(i bored you even tho i said i wouldn't LOL!)  i want you to know that i wish you the best and am here always should you need to talk.