what to do
When me and my boyfriend stated dating a few years ago he was so sweet,caring and loving.He still is but now he is getting very mean toward me.I feel like i cant say or do anything around him at times.Like im walking on egg shells.He gets into this anger fits and calls me really bad names and says some really bad things to me.This has happened at different times.I leave to go back to my house to get away from him.A few days later he texts me im sorry for my actions.Another time i left him alone and came back to his house to get something of mine and he was there and he came to me cryin and hugged me so hard.But the things he says are vulgar names to me and just today he told me to f... off and die.It really hurts my feelings like a knife is stabbing me in the heart.I love this man tremendous but i dont know wha to do.When i talk to him he will call me an idiot at times or stupid.He rolls his eyes at me and sighs like in irritation
   As what he is doing is emotionally abusive the best thing to do would be to back out. If you think he might benefit from some type of help such as speaking to a therapist you could tell him that from a safe distance such as on the phone. When someone engages in this behavior pattern often they cannot change it but sometimes say they will. Its best to think of yourself first and also realize that he may not be capable of stopping this. Also the apologetic behavior
can be manipulative and part of it.
    I know somethng about this because this happened to a family member and although the person sought help and improved in some ways they were not capable of changing this behavior and the family member eventually had to end the relationship.
Your boyfriend is emotionally abusing you and it will emotionally damage you.
I agree with the above comment.
You need to be safe and protect yourself.
He does need help, serious help. It sounds like his behavior is totally out of control. Suggest he get help and as hard as it may be, walk away. You deserve better than this. You deserve to be happy and not live like this.
Hi there,the obvious answer is to move on,but love can make us feel we should try to help/change the abusive behaviour, we get caught thinking about the good times etc but there should be no excuse for abuse.period..finally what advice would you give to your daughter if you have/had one..you might find your answer there..good luck