Bipolar Disorder Community
where do i go?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

where do i go?

im 24 and have been hospitalized in the past for costochronditis which lasted about a week and a half. im starting to notice i have these cycles where im super confident and loving to not only my friennds but family aswell. thene ill spend 6 months only speaking when spoken to and avoiding anything and everyone as much as possible. during these times im stuck in my head. i have flash backs of things i wish i couldnt remember and find myself feeling the same as if it were happening now. most days i hate myself to the point that i cant make eye contact with myself when looking in the mirror to brush my teeth. othertimes i can look and think hey good lookin. im starting to get extremely flustered as ive noticed its affecting me at work aswell my home life. i dont have any medical coverage and dont know where to go to find out if this a psychological or some other kind of problem. i usually dont get angry but when i do im like a rabid dog which scares me a little. i dont know much about bipolar disorders aside that my mother had it and my father has skiztophrani. not sure if theres a link or not. but want to find out why the hell i cant have one day that i can understand why i feel good or bad.where do i go? who do i see?
The flash backs are more than likely not bipolar, that part sounds more like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have that too. It really sux to relive things you would rather forget. It usually is something that was very traumatic to you. Maybe you should try to find a clinic that charges according to your income. If it is a medical clinic they can probably refer you to a psychiatrist. Only a doctor can diagnose you and get you the help you need.
btw what is costochronditis?
its a form of anxiety that causes the cartilage in your ribcage by the breastplate to swell  so when you breathe and the ribcage expands and contracts it feels like something is trying to crush your chest.. its extremely painful it can be caused by other things but in my case they said it was stress/anxiety related.
Well that sounds like no fun at all. My chest is hurting too. One doctor tried to tell me I had bronchitis. I have had bronchitis before and I am sure that is not the problem. It all started when I started taking geodon and it made me sick, and I have felt neasious since I started taking it too. It gave me anxiety too. Fair warning for you about some of these meds can be about as bad as the illness itself. They all can have bad side effects...I guess you just have to find the ones that give you less side effects and it might take a few tries to find the right one. I have been off the geodon for about 5 days now and still feel sick. I wonder how long it will take until I start feeling better. I hope you feel better soon too and get it figured out.