Bipolar Disorder Community
whining and crying all the time

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

whining and crying all the time

hi there.  i am a mother of 3 and another on the way.  i have a 5 year old son, 3 year old daughter and 1 year old daughter.  my question is that my 3 year old is constantly whining and crying.  i feel that as soon as she wakes she is crying about something.  she is glued to my leg.  i can tell when she gets jealous, but the constant whining and crying is annoying and it's overwhelming to me.  i don't know what to do any more. i've tried just saying to her to stop whining, i've yelled, i've put her in her room i just can't take it any longer.  it's putting me over the edge and i can feel the stress and anxiety build inside of me.  she's very emotional and will be hurt if you say something in a way that she doesn't accept.  
problem with whining and crying insecure borded or attention
Sounds like a 3 yr old to me.  Especially one that's a middle child.  

So, I'm thinking the 5yr old is in school and there are things you have to do with him for school.  And he's the older brother who is your helper and has quite a bit of responsibility.  The 1yr old is still in diapers, on a bottle, and you are lugging him around a lot.  The 3yr old?  Kinda in the middle.  Not a baby, but not a big girl yet either.  She's not used to not having the attention since the baby came along and now there's another one on the way.

I'm not judging you, I'm actually rather jealous.  Had my husband and I met when we were younger and I was healthier we'd have had a house full.  ;-)

I would try to make sure that she gets her own time, too.  Believe me when I tell you I understand how whining gets on your nerves.  My 8yr old is going through this AGAIN!!  It seems to go in cycles for some children.

And remember that anything you feel or think they are sensitive to.  Some a lot more than others.  I'm having kind of a bad time right now and I think my son is feeding off of that.  Hopefully as I get better so will he.