Bipolar Disorder Community
withdrawal reaction

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

withdrawal reaction

Does stopping Risperidone give rise to a withdrawal reaction?.If so what are the symptoms?.
hey docrao you've been asking the same question more than 5 times, it seems you are in an OCD phase aswell.

i told you don't worry EVERYTHING NEEDS TIME. God created the world in 7 days not one. The only drawback of withdrawing quickly from antipsychotics you get psychosis sometimes, so so long you taper off slowly it will take time to purify yourself from the symptoms of withdrawal
incidentally the reason you found risperdal awful is either the dose was high or it interacts with your tegretol. you can check the list of meds tegretol interacts with
thanks adel I was feeling a bit edgy.Probably medicine was not suiting me or it was interacting with tegretol.yesterday I took 0.25mg Risperdal and will stop it today.
No adel I am not in OCD phase.It is just that I was a bit edgy and wanted to know whether withdrawing from risperdal has a withdrawal reaction so I asked a number of people when I did not get a reply yesterday as someone told me that all these meds have lousy withdrawal symptoms so I was scared.Now my doubts have been cleared.Thankfully the med and it's effects will be out of my system in a few days or weeks.Thanks
incidentally how do you get this 0.5 and .25 risperidone. the minimum dose here is 1mg which i take it's a local brand called apexidone instead. i have a cutter which cuts in half my seroquel but couldn't manage the risperidone because it's glazy.
In India Risperidone comes as a liquid called Sizodon where 1 ml contains 1 mg and it is dispensed with a dropper which contains a marking for 1 ml and 0.5 ml.Someone told me that for tapering you got to take 0.5mg for a few days and 0.25 mg for a few days before stopping Risperidone totally which I intend to do as even my Pdoc thinks I can be maintained only on Tegretol.Only problem he is out of town till 25th and he wanted a very slow tapering which I did not agree to.
How do you manage withstand side effects of both Risperidone and Seroquel.I found even 1mg of Risperidone made me edgy,nervous and anxious.My hypomanic episode resolved in July and my Pdoc was a month late in tapering Risperidone.He started tapering process in September.In future I shall keep far away from these antipsychotics as possible.A most distasteful experience.
all psych meds side effects depend on the individual. i tried tegretol a year ago and gave me serious headache