Cockatiel foot
I have a 2 yr old male cockatiel I just noticed since yesterday that he is standing on his one foot only I examined the other foot it is not swollen but reddish compared to the other foot.  What might be the cause of this.  He  is still active and playing but always trying to lift up the red foot. I am worried.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Sounds like he may have developed bumble foot - basically an infection of the foot. That can be caused by an injury or from the perches. Sometimes perches just don't fit the feet quite right and a bird will develop a pressure sore. At first it's just tender and red but will eventually develop an abcess - an open sore. Talk to your vet about getting meds and see what changes you'll have to make in the cage till that foot heals.

When we have birds with bumblefoot we usually have to pad the perches for awhile. Plus we keep them very clean and clean the bird's foot daily. Then again, I'm dealing with hawks.
I have a very old cockateal and he has a sore foot and a little crusty growing on his back toe. Is this normal? His feet feel  hot when I pick him up and he does not like to stand on it too much. I sometimes put aloe vera on them but was wondering if there is something else to help.
Christine
Same idea - if you feel it might be an infection, keep the perches cleaned, change them if you need to, keep his foot clean. If you sense it is infected (bird pus is thick like cheese so don't expect liquid ooze from a wound), take him to the vet for meds.

At his age though it might be a bit of arthritis. Inflammation can cause heat, swelling and tenderness. There are anti-inflammatories that might help but check with your vet for the proper dosage.