Cockatiel has clogged nostril
I just noticed that 10 yr old cockatiel's right nostril is clogged with a greyish matter. He is active, eating, singing, talking, seeming very normal. I plan to take him to the vet tomorrow as our vet is closed on Sundays. Can I do anything to treat him today??  Does anyone know what this is?? Please help me.
Hi..
I would maybe try to put a warm moist papertowel or something over the nostril... maybe it will loosen up the gunk in it?? Good luck
It could possibly be a buildup of dander in his nostril from when he preens, but that's just a guess. If that's the case, it's harmless, but still needs to be cleaned out.

I used to have a 'tiel that got clogged nostrils quite often, but it was due to getting respiratory infections. To clean his nostrils, the vet told me to take a small syringe filled with a little bit of saline and place the tip over the nostril and flush it out. A vet should show you how to do this properly so you don't hurt your bird. So by all means, keep the appointment with your vet.
I use Normal Saline with a Q-tip and gently rub it.