Birds Community
Feathers

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Feathers

My Lovebird is 7 years old.  I have had her since she was 6 weeks old.  She has always been a nibbler/digging and scratching at her skin.  No feather loss.  Over the past few months, she has scratched and nibbled at her neck and and now when she bends to eat or stretches her neck I see her flesh. I took her to the Vet 2 years ago for the nibbling problem and he said she was fine.  I called him with the new series of events and the missing feathers he said it was okay as some bird pull there feathers out.  Now I can see where there are new "black sprouts" with feathers on the tip, but she still digs and now she has moved to the front of her neck and there are gray /white fluffy feathers.  She is still active, getting into everything,  Her habits, character, flying has not changed.  She is a spoiled bird,  Aslo she has patches of yellow feathers on her breast can you tell me what is wrong?