Hurt Cockatiel
My cockatiel has her wings clip and she was trying to fly and she fell to the floor and when i picked her up she was standing on her right foot and her left foot is up. I think she hurt her foot and was wondering what should I do?
I assume she's back in her cage now. Is she able to bear any weight on the foot at all? Do you see any displacement of the leg or foot - does it look crooked or angled? Sometimes it's just a soft tissue injury and will clear up on its own. Keep her very quiet and restricted for the night (no more play time) and see how she's doing tomorrow. If she looks better, is perching pretty well (grasping with the sore side) she'll most likely be fine. If she still won't grasp or put any weight on the foot/leg, take her in for an x-ray. You may need to see an avian vet to have the leg wrapped properly if there's a break.
Also don't clip as much off . So they land about 6 feet from you Bill