Birds Community
Is my cockatiel going to be blind?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is my cockatiel going to be blind?

Today my cockatiel was flying into walls and screaming uncontrollably, I had to wait until he was on the floor to pick him up and calm him down. When I picked him up he was sort of panicking and seemed like he couldnt recognize me and one of his eyes had sunk? into his head. I held him for a while talking to him softly and I would move my finger near his open eye and I could tell he could see with that eye. After a while the sunken eye had begun to come out but it was just very watery. My lively bird hasnt wanted to eat all day, hasnt sang at all, and hasnt moved from the same area unless I had him with me. Just seeing him there makes me sad. I dont want to think about what could have happened that left my little angel like that, it would make me more sad. I can probably guess the answer but I still dare ask. Is he going to be blind from the eye that had sunk in? Is everything going to be ok? :((