Birds Community
My LoveBirds died and left four eggs
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My LoveBirds died and left four eggs

Yesterday i noticed my male lovebird looked a little ill but then i just thought it was down to not sleeping very much as both birds had been sitting on the eggs for almost 3 days straight (He usually didn't join in the with the incubating) The female had been sitting on the eggs for 3 weeks but when i got home from work yesterday both of the birds had died :( apparently the male first and then shortly afterwards the female. And now i dont know what to do with the eggs, i put them under a warm lamp on some moist cloth and iv been turning them every few hours or so. But do they still have a chance of hatching? All of the eggs have a tint of blue which i believe means they are indeed fertile. I mean there is really only about a week to go.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
Usually an incubator is needed to keep the temp and humidity levels stable. With a heat lamp you don't have as much control over the temp. Do you know what the ambient temp is close to the eggs?

I would check with a breeder. Hatchlings (if the eggs do indeed hatch) will be very difficult to hand raise. You'll need a mentor to talk you through the various stages and know what to avoid, what to watch for. You have a week to find someone - even if you have to find someone online. Good luck.
Blank
do you have any idea what might have caused your lovies to die?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birds Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank