Aa
A
A
Close
My LoveBirds died and left four eggs
Yesterday i noticed my male lovebird looked a little ill but then i just thought it was down to not sleeping very much as both birds had been sitting on the eggs for almost 3 days straight (He usually didn't join in the with the incubating) The female had been sitting on the eggs for 3 weeks but when i got home from work yesterday both of the birds had died :( apparently the male first and then shortly afterwards the female. And now i dont know what to do with the eggs, i put them under a warm lamp on some moist cloth and iv been turning them every few hours or so. But do they still have a chance of hatching? All of the eggs have a tint of blue which i believe means they are indeed fertile. I mean there is really only about a week to go.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
187666 tn?1331176945
Usually an incubator is needed to keep the temp and humidity levels stable. With a heat lamp you don't have as much control over the temp. Do you know what the ambient temp is close to the eggs?

I would check with a breeder. Hatchlings (if the eggs do indeed hatch) will be very difficult to hand raise. You'll need a mentor to talk you through the various stages and know what to avoid, what to watch for. You have a week to find someone - even if you have to find someone online. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
do you have any idea what might have caused your lovies to die?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birds Community Resources