Birds Community
Please Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Please Help

Hi my poor little teal Sunny passed away this morning at 8.45am he hadn't shown any sign of sickness he was singing and eating right up to minits before he died, he just seemed to have a coughing or sneezing fit and fell off his perch my daughter picked him up and tilted him forward and he coughed up what looked like water before he lowered his crest and slowly closed his eyes and then he was gone, he wasn't exposed to any kind of toxins this just happened out of the blue he was a rescue bird that I saved from outside he was fully grown although I don't know how old he was when i got him, but we had him for 10years does any one have any idear what could have caused this or could it be old age?
That was very sudden. Sounds like he may have inhaled something and suffocated. The only way to know for sure is to take him to a vet for a necropsy. They may be able to just check in his throat and see the cause without doing the full exam. But if it was some poisonous reaction, that would take a more invasive procedure and testing.

As for age, I'm not sure how long they typically live. It's possible he had a stroke and passed that way.

I'm so sorry you lost little Sunny. Especially in such a shocking way. When a pet is ill, that's hard enough to watch them fade away. This is terrible.