Birds Community
Why is my lovebird so anti social all of a sudden?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why is my lovebird so anti social all of a sudden?

I purchased my lovebird in November and was told he was about two months old. he  hadn't been hand fed so taming him has been quite a chore.  He still doesn't like hands much but will spend hours on my shoulder.  I don't know if he's male or female so i'm just guessing here!  Usually very friendly and chirps off and on all day.  We leave his cage open during the day when we're home and he usually will come out in the evenings for a couple of hours.  But the last couple of days he has been extremely anti social.  He hasn't been chirping much and hasn't come out of his cage at all.  Usually i can pursuade him on my hand with millet but the minute i moved he jumped away from me and tried to bite.  Like I said, very unusual for him.  I don't know if it's a developemental phase that he's going to because he's not so much a baby anymore.  Any ideas?