cocketiel foot deformity
my cockatiel is fully grown and his feet are flat the claws curl outward  horizontally ,and dont seem to be causing him pain but i was worried that maybe it could lead to future problems? he cant grip things very strongly but can clinb around on things. anyone know what might be causing this? or is it just a genetic problem?
Have his nails been like this since he was a chick? If so then it's a congenital deformity. Or is this recent? Do you keep his nails trimmed? Either way, you need to be careful which perches you use and keep an eye on his feet/toes for any signs of inflammation or sores on the bottom of his feet (bumble foot). I would say he's going to be prone to foot problems now. As long as he's able to perch and gets around, he sounds just fine for now.

If he shows any sign of favoring a foot or a toe looks larger and inflamed, please take him to the vet.