foot sprain?
I bought my cockatiel from the store with a swollen foot, i didn't realize it was that swollen when i bought him, he favors the foot, and you can tell it bothers him a little, i was wondering if maybe it was just a sprain from the owner being too rough when putting him in his cage?
It could be a sprain or it could be bumblefoot - an infection of the foot tissue. It sounds like you just bought him so you could take him back to the store or take him to a vet to be examined and treated. Do you see any lesions on the toes that might be infection? Usually with bumblefoot I see a small reddish spot that looks sore and there's a swollen area all around that.

I suppose you could wait a couple of days to see if the swelling goes down but if it's infected, that also gives the infection a couple more days to settle in.