Birds Community
i need help
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

i need help

my love birds just laid eggs like a week ago and is not the first time whats happening
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
So you're concerned because the bird is laying eggs? They can do that even without a male around. It just means the eggs are not fertile. Chickens lay eggs regularly. Even human females produce eggs regularly.
Blank
do the eggs ever hatch?
what do you do with the eggs after they are done laying them?
if you take the eggs away too soon, she will only replace them, and she will keep replacing them until they have their "full clutch"....which is not good for the females health, she will need some calcium supplements...calcium block or calcium drops in her water...if they are fertile they will hatch in about 21 days (i think)  if they are not fertile, she may lose interest at that point you can toss them out...
this is only natural behavior for birds..to discourage nesting...make sure they get 10+ hours of quiet dark time (cage covered)...change the cage around often and try not to provide nesting materials (although this can be difficult and leave the bird with boredom which is also not a good thing)...BUT never do any of these things if she is ready to lay...she could get egg bound, which is dangerous...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birds Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank