Birds Community
indian ringneck injured please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

indian ringneck injured please help

today while i was in town, my 2 ringnecks got into big fight. one only toe injury, but the other is bad. cleaned her, gave sugar water. foot has been hurt, won't stand, bite under beak and on cheek. got some antibiotics to put in water. she is know in a box in blanket. drinks bit of water. what must i do. anyone with advice. it is 6 hours since it happened. will she survive. spock to vet assistent and she looked at her, and said to bind the leg.
Did the vet assistant show you how to wrap the foot and leg? There's a right way and a wrong way that could cause more damage. Do you think the foot is broken?

Cleaning up the wounds and doing antibiotics is fine. I'm not sure how bad/deep the wounds are on her face. Probably not too deep. But see if the vet tech will wrap the foot properly so it heals well. They should splint the foot and wrap well enough to support the bones in proper alignment. I'm sorry your bird is hurting.
hi thanks for replying. leg not broken, she did show me. i put antibiotic cream on and some gauze and did not wrap it to tight. never slept  just prayed she would make it. was to scared to look in the box. but she was alive! i put a baby blanket in her cage and have put her there. she is trying to move. thank you again for listening. regards hannelore
liza died at 11h00 this morning...............
I'm so sorry. Perhaps it was the shock from being attacked and the injuries as well. I see it all too often. I get a bird in that has a minor scratch or bump somewhere and I think, "Oh, that's easy enough to handle" but then the bird dies within hours. They don't handle stress well. You did what you could and you were there for her. Take care.
My ring neck is not making no sounds and cannot walk , I think her leg is hurt please advise
There are so many possibilities that only a vet can determine what's wrong. She may be sick, she may have a leg or pelvic injury, she may be egg bound. But any of these would require professional help.