Birds Community
lovebird eggs bad?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lovebird eggs bad?

adding to the eggs that were just bad with this mating pair... my other mating pair had lain on 6 eggs.  These eggs were 6 weeks old.  I do know the incubation period.  When the mother decided to stop sitting,  we checked.  Each of the 6 eggs were fertile and tiny, NOT fully, but some more so than others, developed babies were there.  I cant find the help we need!!  no avarian vets in town.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
So the birds are fertile, able to reproduce but for some reasons the babies aren't developing all the way. That's sad. There is an "ask the doctor" forum for pets on the left side of this page. You could post your question over there. Although she isn't an avian vet, she has plenty of contact with other vets and may be able to find an answer for you. I'm curious - why do you want baby birds? Are you trying to start up a little business or just want to see the babies grow up? If all the eggs your birds laid were successful you'd have birds all over the house. Yikes.
Blank
mother instinct.  who wants to sit day and night for a month trying to hatch out babies with no results?  no i dont sell them yet...i give them away.  actually i kept 2 of the last.  i have 7 birds,  1 is a cockatoo.  ; )
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birds Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...