lovebird tongue habit
Recently my 7 1/2 year old male peach face lovebird has been sticking out his tongue toward th left side of his beak, for several seconds at a time, very lightly biting it. I wondered if this is a symptom of some condition as i never noticed it before other than him trying to touch his tongue to his reflection in the mirror.
You may want to check in the bird's mouth. Look for any irritations or plaque forming in the mouth or around the glottis. I've seen birds with mouth infections and in order to breath well (due to plaque around the glottis) they may stick their tongue forward. If you see any yellowish/white patches in there, please take him to the vet right away. Some infections are very difficult to clear up.
My peach faced lovebird does the same thing. How is you bird now? Is there any problem? Have you figured out the reason?