Birds Community
strange behavior
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet birds!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

strange behavior

Hi, I've had a lovebird for about 2 months now. I got her when she was about 2 months old, and she grew accustomed to me pretty quickly. Just today, she laid an unfertilized egg in her cage...I took the egg out of the cage and put it in the fridge so it wouldn't rot and start to smell. Now she's acting really strange...she's sitting at the bottom of her cage in the corner just chewing on her shredder toy and wants nothing to do with me. Every time i open the cage she just sits there and puffs up and starts grinding her beak like she's angry. When i tried taking her out she bit me really hard and wouldn't let go, which she never does. I'm thinking its because I took out her egg...I thought because it was unfertilized it wouldn't matter...I feel completely terrible about it...do you know if she'll ever trust me or want anything to do with me again?