strange behavior
Hi, I've had a lovebird for about 2 months now. I got her when she was about 2 months old, and she grew accustomed to me pretty quickly. Just today, she laid an unfertilized egg in her cage...I took the egg out of the cage and put it in the fridge so it wouldn't rot and start to smell. Now she's acting really strange...she's sitting at the bottom of her cage in the corner just chewing on her shredder toy and wants nothing to do with me. Every time i open the cage she just sits there and puffs up and starts grinding her beak like she's angry. When i tried taking her out she bit me really hard and wouldn't let go, which she never does. I'm thinking its because I took out her egg...I thought because it was unfertilized it wouldn't matter...I feel completely terrible about it...do you know if she'll ever trust me or want anything to do with me again?
She's probably laying another egg.  Lovebirds like to lay in clutches of from 3-5 eggs and usually don't stop till they're done.  It actually sounds like she's SITTING on an egg.  You may want to just leave the eggs in place for a while, until she decides to abandon them on her own.  If you keep taking them out she may just keep laying till she reaches her desired number.  Excessive egg-laying can be harmful to your bird, depleting her of calcium.  Make sure you're adding extra calcium in her food while this is going on.