:(
I've been taking Junel Fe oral contrastive for 2 years now. At the beginning of September I had my period. Now I have never missed a period since I was 9 years old. But this month I've missed it for the first time. I heard that this can happen because of the pill but I'm extremely worried. I had intercorse with out a condom the week after my period in September and i figured hey since I've been on the pill for so long maybe I could let him *** inside me. But I backed out at the last minute and got off him. Then we did it again the weekend after. Now i've been taking my pill every day but not always at the same time until the last two weeks of the month. It is now October and I have no period. I'm really really worried so I took a test yesterday being friday I should have gotten it tuesday. I've been feeling cramps and pain but no blood since monday. The test was negative by the way. Now I'm really confused with as to what to do. I've never missed a period ever...
HI,
Missing 1-2 periods can be considered normal while being on long term regular use of BCP. The risk of pregnancy is low if you have not missed pills and have followed missed-pill-protocol. Periods can also get delayed because of Stress, environmental factors, sudden weight gain etc. Hence you can wait for your period to start before continuing with the pills. Repeat the test after 8 days and also consult your Doctor before starting the next pack.
Hope this helps.