Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
2nd time implanon user

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

2nd time implanon user

I had implanon before and it was amazing it completely stopped my cycle. I had it taken out & got pregnant (2nd baby) after I was done breast feeding I got it again (8-10-12) and have had 2 periods a month every since. Normaly I have a 28 day cycle (or did til I got implanon again) and only bled for a max of 4 days now I bleed twice a month for 9-11 days is this common or could there be a problem?
Hi!
Irregular bleeding with the Implanon is very common.  If you were my patient, I would evaluate you to be certain that nothing else is causing bleeding (like low grade endometritis, or polyps, or etc)
And once I was sure it was the Implanon, I might advise you to wait it out a bit longer, or we might be able to try some additional hormone for a short period of time to stop the bleeding.
Good luck!
Dr B