Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Accidentally took the wrong pill

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Accidentally took the wrong pill

So I was on my 3rd week on my levora birth control, on the last Saturday to be exact. And on Saturday I accidentally took the Sundays 4th week of placebo pill and didn't realize it. So today was supposed to be the first day of my placebo pills. So I just took my Saturdays active pill instead.

Is this going to negatively affect me in anyway? Should I wait to have sex? Should I be worried? What precautions should I take?

Thanks in advance for your help!
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that there is no need for any special precautions.  You could use a back up method, but I don't think it is necessary.  DO begin your next pack at the usual time, and you should be OK.
Good luck!
Dr B