Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Anyone have heartburn or pregnancy symptoms coming off depo shot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I took the depo BC shot around the beginning of June(2010), supposed to go back for the second one on August 18th. (never did) its been 2 months since then now...

The first month on depo (June) I didnt have my period, but since then Ive been on period for 4 months. But Like 3 weeks ago i started spotting and getting sharp pains in my lower abdomen/pelvic area/ ovary area.That lasted for 2 days but then my period came back heavy and the pains stopped. But now Im spotting again and have had the sharp pains for like 4 days now. but still spot.

Along with that now I have dizziness, I get the sharp pains, I get nauseous at times (idk if its from anxiety/worrying about it though),i feel hungry-u eat but my stomach still growls like I havent even ate,and now im getting heartburn.I read all these symptoms can be caused by the depo shot (pregnancy like symptoms), even coming off it. But im still worried.

I plan to buy a pregnancy test wen I get some money soon. But Has anyone had heartburn on the depo shot or coming off? Has anyone had these symptoms? How long does it take for the depo to get out of your system? How long will this last?

Please any infos appreciated,

P.S I was recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease so idk if that could be contributing to some of the symptoms..
It is the depo shot... I feel the same way you do, and i have been off the shot for a month and a half now...