Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Are there any dangers in dtopping taking Cerazette?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Hi all,

I have been taking Cerazette with what I thought were no complications for around 4 years now. Over the past 2/3 years my libido has steadily decreased to the point of almost nothing. Over the past few months I have 'missed' 2 pills and found that the folowing day I was 'in the mood' so to speak. I decided to check out whether Cerazette could be the cause of my lack of libido and found that yes, it could, along with my depression, hair loss, excessive sweating, hot flush-like episodes, acne and weight gain. In addition to this I found that it can cause heart problems in smokers, a pastime that I regrettably took up around a year ago that both my GP and family planning nurse are aware of.

I now find myself in the situation where I want to bash my GP over the head with something heavy for not having suggested to me that I stop taking Cerazette instead of suggesting that I START taking a whole bunch of other medication and also want to stop taking Cerazette altogether. Are there any dangers in doing this (apart, obviously, from not being protected against unwanted pregnancy)? I would ask my GP but my boss is already narked at the amount of time I take off to see my GP about the depression medication I am on, the acne medication I am on, the weight loss clinic my GP has put me in and the various other appointments about hair loss and worries I might be going through an early menopause since I keep having what appear to be hot flushes!

Apologies for the essay and thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me!

Tazinijif.
Hello im on the same pill, ive only been on this pill for a month and half, I'm 23 and never felt like this before i'm so moody and depressed! I get paranoid about anything and really senitive?! I'm thinking about stopping taking this pill a if i don't, i'm not sure how much my boyfriend can put up with!! It's effecting me so much and same withour relationship! I can't help this and i'm sure it's the pill. Do you feel the same??
hi i was on that pill i stopped taking it after 2 mths,side effects bad,mood swings,libdo low,cramps,headachesim 1 wek late period didnt come im worried  cant be pf