Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
B12/Bcomplex depletion with HRT and BCP

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

B12/Bcomplex depletion with HRT and BCP
This is not a question  but rather information I'd like to pass along. Please know that if you have extreme fatigure and insomnia and are on HRT or BCP to help regulate periods for perimenopause or other reasons, have your B12/Bcomplex vitamins checked. This is from personal experience as the fatigue and insomnia after being on these was severe. My primary physician checked and my B12 was tanked. SL (sublingual) replacement seems to work best as many women dont absorb enough of vitamins through their diet for a variety of reasons. After 1 month of replacement, feel much better.
As a note, B vitamins can be stimulating for some so take them in the morning to see if you are one of the ones that has a caffiene like side effect from them. I take them in the am and my energy is much much improved.
HI!
Thanks for your input.
Dr B