Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Best Birth Control If Worried About Hair Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I recently found out I have Endometriosis and had surgery to remove the tissue. I was on tri-sprintec (generic form of ortho tri-cyclen) prior to the surgery to (theoretically) lessen the pain, and post-surgery my doctor explained to me that I have to take the pill continuously (no period) until I want to conceive (I'm 23 now so it will be awhile). While I was on tri-sprintec I didn't seem to have any problems. Now he's placed me on Necon 1/35 and I've noticed that my hair feels thinner than it did before. Is that something that commonly occurs after switching pills and goes away?

In terms of the endrometriosis, I also don't know if theres a specific reason why I need to be on Necon 1/35. I've been reading up and it seems I should be trying to find a pill that is high-estrogen, low-androgen, and low-testosterone. Based on that, I'm thinking of asking to switch back to Tri-Sprintec or to try out Necon 7/7/7 or Necon 1/50. However, I'm also concerned that going on a high-estrogen pill will cause MORE hair loss if I ever go off the pill, since going from a high-dose of estrogen to nothing is more of a disruption to your body. However, it does seem like the estrogen in the pills promotes a lot of hair growth, and since I do have to be on them for a long time it may be the better option?

Any insights/information/suggestions would be appreciated.