Best Birth Control If Worried About Hair Loss
I recently found out I have Endometriosis and had surgery to remove the tissue. I was on tri-sprintec (generic form of ortho tri-cyclen) prior to the surgery to (theoretically) lessen the pain, and post-surgery my doctor explained to me that I have to take the pill continuously (no period) until I want to conceive (I'm 23 now so it will be awhile). While I was on tri-sprintec I didn't seem to have any problems. Now he's placed me on Necon 1/35 and I've noticed that my hair feels thinner than it did before. Is that something that commonly occurs after switching pills and goes away?

In terms of the endrometriosis, I also don't know if theres a specific reason why I need to be on Necon 1/35. I've been reading up and it seems I should be trying to find a pill that is high-estrogen, low-androgen, and low-testosterone. Based on that, I'm thinking of asking to switch back to Tri-Sprintec or to try out Necon 7/7/7 or Necon 1/50. However, I'm also concerned that going on a high-estrogen pill will cause MORE hair loss if I ever go off the pill, since going from a high-dose of estrogen to nothing is more of a disruption to your body. However, it does seem like the estrogen in the pills promotes a lot of hair growth, and since I do have to be on them for a long time it may be the better option?

Any insights/information/suggestions would be appreciated.