Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Birth Control, Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Birth Control, Pregnancy

Hello!  I've been on Nortrel 777 birth control for about four months now, and I've only had one period.  Yes I am sexual active and no I don't use protection. My boyfriend/fiance has never ejaculated in me and I've taken multiply pregnancy test and they are negative. I have menstrual cramps and recently developed this brown discharge.  I've experienced the discharge before, prior to getting on birth control.  On top of that,  I am waiting on my test results regarding pre cervical cancer cells.  Someone please help me.  I am freaking out because in the back of my mind I am thinking I am pregnant and my body is going through all of these hormonal changes.  WHAT SHOULD I DO? Should I be worried?
Avatar dr f tn
With Nortrel 777 birth control pills you are adequately covered as these are combined pills containing norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol. Usually your periods should start within 5-7 days of taking the last active pill. However missing 1-2 periods can be considered normal while being on regular use of BCP (provided you have not missed pill intake and have followed missed-pill-protocol if you have missed pill intake). I suggest that you consult your Doctor for an examination to find out the reason for not getting periods and for the discharge. Stress, environmental factors, sudden weight gain etc can affect your periods.
Hope this helps.