Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Birth Control- took wrong pill
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Birth Control- took wrong pill

Hi, I've been on birth control for about 4 years and my doctor just switched me to Trinessa. I wasn't used to the 'dial' shaped pack and accidentally took the wrong pill. I was supposed to take the white pill for Saturday but accidentally pulled from the wrong side of the pack and took the darker blue pill for Saturday (it is not one of the placebo pills). I'm not sure if I should continue with my pills and take Saturday's white pill today, or what I should do. Please help!!
Hi there,
TriNessa is a tricky pill since it is a triphasic pill- the different colored active pills have different hormone amounts. When taken correctly, the drug is effective at preventing pregnancy. However the efficacy is decreased if pills are taken incorrectly and most cases of accidental pregnancy happen due to incorrect usage. The dark blue pill and white pill contain hormones but in different concentrations. I would suggest you to speak to your gynecologist about it. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank