Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth Control- took wrong pill

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Birth Control- took wrong pill

Hi, I've been on birth control for about 4 years and my doctor just switched me to Trinessa. I wasn't used to the 'dial' shaped pack and accidentally took the wrong pill. I was supposed to take the white pill for Saturday but accidentally pulled from the wrong side of the pack and took the darker blue pill for Saturday (it is not one of the placebo pills). I'm not sure if I should continue with my pills and take Saturday's white pill today, or what I should do. Please help ASAP!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to continue your pack just as you have been.  Just trade places with the pills.  If it wasn't a placebo pill, there should be no problem.
Good luck!
Dr B