Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth Control Storage
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Birth Control Storage

Hi, I was wondering if I can store my birth control pills in a pill finder (I have many other pills to take and doing it this way makes it much easier to keep track of what pills I've taken and when). I was recently told that removing the birth control from its bubble package with decrease the effectiveness, so it's really important that I know whether or not this is true. I have a pituitary adenoma and the pills are necessary to keep my periods regulated.

Please help me! Thank you!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient I would assume that you don't fill your pill finder for more than one week at a time.  I don't believe it would decrease the effectivens of the pills if they were removed flor a week or less.I would advise you that it is OK to put your pills in the finder as long as you didn't do more than one week at a time.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
It does, thank you! You really helped my worries!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now